Effective Date: May 16, 2020
1. Information Collected
We collect the following information from and about you and in the following ways:
- Username, email address, first name, last name, phone number, mailing address and information about your 300 SL when you sign up for a membership, and any change in this information when you renew your membership.
- Your name, phone number, address, email, and pertaining to your 300SL and any other information you provide in your message, when you contact us through the Contact Form.
- Your name, address, shipping address, email, and credit card information when you make purchase via our on-line store.
- Your name, address, email, and credit card information when you sign up for our annual convention or annual dinners.
- Your name, address, member number, and email when you sign up to participate in the Fleet Program.
- In all of the above situations, we also collect the same information about your spouse or significant other.
- Usage information, such as how you and your device interact with our Site (e.g., the pages you visit, the search terms you enter), is collected through cookies when you use our websites. Please see the “Cookies” section below for more information.
2. Use of Information Collected
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and services.
- To respond to inquiries.
- To process membership applications.
- To improve user experiences by making our Site easier to use and navigate.
- To register you for our events.
- To process purchases made through the on-line store.
- For other legitimate business purposes.
3. Legal Bases for Processing
We process your personal information per applicable law and with transparency and fairness. We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent, such as to send you marketing communications, where consent is required.
- In order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example where you have purchased goods and/or services from us or where you have otherwise entered into a contract with us.
- As necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Our Site uses essential cookies, which are essential in order to enable you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our Site. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
Our Site also uses browsing and functionality cookies, which remember choices you make on our Site. For instance, when you return to our Site, these cookies help remember your preferences.
Our Site also uses Google Analytics to measure how you interact with our websites and to improve your user experience. To learn more about Google Analytics privacy practices and opt-out mechanisms, please visit the Google Analytics Data privacy and security page at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. Google also provides instructions on opting-out of Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the business purposes listed below. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We may share your personal information with Daimler AG in conjunction with our Fleet Program only if you sign up to participate in the program. This information is used to provide discounts to Fleet Program members.
- We may share your personal information with Daimler AG in conjunction with their Circle of Excellence program.
- We share your personal information with third party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us, such as our payment processor who helps process your membership dues or purchases through our on-line store, or third parties who help us to put on our annual convention.
- We may share your personal information, including your ownership information, with vendors and other members, for example through a published roster, with your consent where required by applicable law.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
6. Notice of Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
From time to time, and where you have opted-in if you live in a jurisdiction that requires that, we may send marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Site, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
8. Third-Party Links
Our Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
9. Collection and Use of Information from Children
Our Site is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of 16. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 16. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such personal information without undue delay.
10. Security and Data Retention
We implement reasonable security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site.
In general, we retain the personal information we collect for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and as required by law.
11. International Data Transfers
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal information collected via the Site.
13. How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
At this time our Site does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
14. EU/EEA Residents
Individuals located in the EU and EEA have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
- You have a right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its completion, update or amendment.
- You have a right to require your personal information be provided to you or another company in a commonly used electronic form.
- You have a right to object to the processing, in all cases, of your personal information for legitimate reasons.
- In certain situations, you have a right to have your personal information ‘erased’ or to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the EU supervisory authority where your information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the laws and regulations.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
15. California Privacy Rights
California residents have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- Right to Know - You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past 12 months:
Name, postal address, online identifiers
Directly from you
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information
Directly from you
Records of products or services purchased or other purchasing or consuming histories
Directly from you
Directly from you
Year, Make, Model, VIN, Engine Number
Directly from you
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Delete - You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale - You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell personal information to third parties, as that term is defined under the CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- Right to Non-Discrimination - You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
Additionally, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request via our Contact Form with “Shine the Light Request” as the first line of your request.
17. Contact Us
Gull Wing Group
PO Box 196
Fox Island, WA 98333